Thursday, October 29, 2009

Plugged into Now

When we are connected to the present moment, we plug into our true source of internal energy. Barbara Kingsley points out this simple truth in her book The Energy Cure. How often do we squander our energy and forget to stay plugged into now? How many moments slip away while we fill our heads with other distractions?

Common sense dictates that it would be important to connect to the present moment. We practice meditation, yoga, or tai chi, or simple breathing to practice this simple, yet sometimes elusive habit. In an energy session I will check and plug in my client's connections, including groundedness and connection to the present. Yet these connections can be quickly severed in the fray of living.

But instead of feeling guilty for not being connected to now, simply be aware when letting that connection slip. It's simply a matter of energy. I don't berate myself when I leave my laptop unplugged. The battery is working, yet I prefer to keep it plugged in most of the time. It will be ready when I need it--all charged up--and I can afford to make the conscious choice to not plug in when necessary. Similiarly, we can make those choices every moment of every day to plug into the present, in essence, honoring one's spirit. No judgment. It's just a choice. But today, I choose energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment