Friday, October 16, 2009

From Bitter to Sweet

Only with experiencing the bitter do we appreciate the sweetness of life. My pregnancy has shifted! After ten weeks of miserable nausea and fatigue, I almost feel like myself again. Well.... a pregnant version of myself.


Why the shift? I sought help. As an energy coach, I can facilitate my own clearing, but with my own energy at an all-time low, this ability seemed inhibited. First, I prayed about it. Then, I found a fellow colleague who I felt impressed would be able to assist me. Her name is Amberly Robinson. After a session with Amberly yesterday morning, I felt a huge difference. In fact, I almost forgot I was pregnant. It helped to have an objective viewpoint--from someone outside of the storm, so to speak. 


I feel incredibly grateful for this experience and this personal trial. There were some life lessons that I needed. I was judging myself for my inability to think positively out of this physical discomfort. And I wasn't staying hydrated spiritually and physically. For over a month I could only sip water. I consumed about 8 oz. a day. More water made me hurl. Similarly, I was only sipping at the true "fountain of living water"--my true source of peace.


 We share a cultural consciousness about pregnancy as struggle that hearkens all the way back to Eve. Yet it's possible to release what no longer serves us. For me, this 1st-trimester blues served me for awhile. There were important lessons that I needed to learn.  But perhaps, once I learned it, I could let it go.  


I am grateful for Calyco and the abundant resources God puts me before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment