Monday, October 5, 2009

Beginning Where I Am Today

Several weeks ago, I buzzed with boundless energy and joy. If something negative came up, I simply cleared it with energy work. I had enough for myself, my family, and whomever I enountered. Miracles happened each new day. My goals were within reach. I felt unstoppable. Life was effortless.

Then, I became pregnant.

So now, I start writing at what might be described as a nadir. 14 weeks of round-the-clock morning sickness and fatigue, a veritable no-man's land. It's easy to forget who I am.

So here is the question, how does one continue to vibrate joy and gratitude, even when experiencing lower vibrations such as the physical discomfort of pregnancy or pain?

The Law of Attraction, or as I prefer to call it, The Law of Creation, states that our thoughts become our reality. No matter the emotions we may experience, we can choose our thoughts. Sometimes, it's challenging to separate those thoughts from the very bodily experience of living.

Here's what I can do today:
Make a gratitude list.
Pray.
Do something physical to honor my body such as Tai Chi, Energy Exercises, yoga, or a walk.
Laugh.
Hug my child. Relish those kisses.
Practice acceptance.

I think of the 12-step aphorism: "Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today."

It is easy to shift into self-blame when experiencing physical discomfort. After all, if the Law of Creation is true, somehow, I am creating this experience. My negative thoughts about this misery create more misery, thereby perpetuating self-blame. But what if this is simply: a time and season for all things?

In my case I am making a baby. My body chooses to scramble my energies so that I will honor this sacred process, slow down, and let live.

Through the very act of writing, I am shifting into a higher vibration, even if my body is still trying to catch up.

As I shift into gratitude and acceptance, I embrace this day and this pregnancy.

Let it be so.

2 comments:

  1. It is difficult for me to understand your disconnection or low energy vibrations during your pregnancy because of the very idea that you are creating the very life you know you were meant to create. With all your growth within the past couple of years that now is the time when your body is ready; when your energy was healed enough, become strong enough. Although you may not have enjoyed the newly settled cycle of energy for as long as you would have like you had to become and did. You are worthy, you are strong enough, you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring sis. Thanks for your comments and reminders to thrive!

    And I can understand your low energy. In our mortality, the only thing that can be created without cost are thoughts. While it is true thoughts create more energy and can even influence other events, they still stand against the basic physical law of mortality: matter can neither be created nor destroyed, only transformed. Right now, your body is creating another life! The way your particular body interacts with this new special being depends on not only your body and mind, but also that of your baby’s. It is a dance. Regardless of what the lead dancer wills, the other dancer has its own free will as well as necessities of body. This low energy is just another test of willpower and physical endurance as your baby gets what it needs to grow. Kudos to you for keeping in the fight to create you daily thriving!

    ReplyDelete